Natural gas rebates for Southern NSW customers
In 2020, Australian Gas Networks (AGN) is offering a special promotion for existing home customers in Southern New South Wales, including areas such as Culcairn, Wagga Wagga, Cooma, and Bombala. This promotion is available from 1 January 2020 and is open to existing home addresses in the following postcodes:
If your postcode isn’t listed, contact our Natural Gas Marketing Team to double-check (contact details at the bottom of this page).
Read below to find out what’s available, along with what Terms and Conditions apply. Offers are for existing build properties, only.
$500 rebates for installing a major natural gas appliance
Claim a $500 rebate when you install one of the following major natural gas appliances:
- Natural gas hot water
- Natural gas ducted central heating or hydronic heating
- Natural gas flued space heating (e.g. decorative gas log fire, wall furnace)
A limit of 1 x $500 rebate per appliance type per household applies (subject to all others Terms and Conditions being met; appliance must be a new installation, not a replacement of a pre-existing natural gas appliance of the same general type). Additional units qualify for a $100 appliance rebate instead. Existing homes, only.
$100 rebates for other natural gas appliances
Claim a $100 rebate when you install basically any other natural gas appliance, such as:
- Supplementary hot water systems or heating
- Outdoor heating appliances (e.g. fire pit, fire table)
- Cooktop, oven, or combination cooker
- Pool/spa heaters
There is no limit to how many $100 rebates a connecting household may claim, however, the appliance must be fully connected and it must be a new installation (not a replacement of a pre-existing natural gas appliance). Existing homes, only.
AGN's special $500 connection bonus
Connecting your home to natural gas for the very first time? Connect with at least one natural gas appliance, and you also qualify for a once-off $500 connection bonus (applies only to existing build properties).
Key Terms and Conditions
- Promotion period: 1 January 2020 to 31 July 2020.
- All offers (including connection bonus) apply only to existing build properties. New builds are excluded from these offers.
- The connection bonus is only open to first-time gas connection customers, subject to all Terms and Conditions being met. Properties re-connecting to natural gas are not eligible for this bonus. This includes properties where a gas service has been either fully or partly removed, as part of renovation works or similar.
- Rebates can only be claimed for fully connected appliances, installed during the Promotion Period.
- No rebate is payable if the appliance is replacing a pre-existing natural gas appliance of the same general type.
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Option 2. Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN direct, once appliance installation is complete. To make a claim direct, just use our cashback website - found here. To submit a cashback claim, you’ll need to provide a copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance, as well as any invoices/receipts relating to appliance purchase and installation. Once your claim is approved, you’ll receive your rebate as a cashback direct to your nominated bank account.
Disclaimer. The sale and installation of appliances is not regulated by AGN and prices may vary between suppliers. It is recommended that you obtain more than one quote, to help you make an informed decision.
Questions? Contact our Natural Gas Marketing Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).