Australian Gas Networks is committed to managing its activities so as to minimise the impact of its operations on the environment. The Company will report its environmental performance openly and transparently.
AGN is the owner of natural gas distribution networks and transmission pipelines in Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
The Company takes seriously its obligations to operate, maintain and expand its networks and pipelines with concern for the environment. In doing so we are committed to:
- Ensuring our employees and contractors clearly understand and support our policy, and have the training, skills and equipment to perform their roles with regard for the environment;
- Striving to achieve a standard of environmental management that complies with the spirit and letter of the law;
- Encouraging innovation to avoid or minimise the impact of installing and maintaining our distribution networks and transmission pipelines. In doing so we will learn from our own performance and from external developments;
- Seeking economic ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from our distribution networks;
- Ensuring the business is operated in compliance with Federal and State laws an industry standards;
- Continuing to seek ways to eliminate waste;
- Setting targets and measuring progress to ensure we continuously improve our performance;
- Ensuring that when assessing the performance of our contractors it includes compliance with this policy; and
- Communicating our performance to interested parties.
ApplicationResponsibility for the application of this policy rests with the Company Secretary.
This policy is to be reviewed at least annually. Any amendments are to be approved by the Board.
Reviewed: January 2015