Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. Offer applies to existing home installations, only (new builds excluded), and property must be covered by the natural gas network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to double-check eligibility in Victoria and New South Wales. AGN owns the whole natural gas network in South Australia and Northern Territory, so no postcode review is required. There are some postcodes that AGN only partially covers, so customers in these areas should confirm address eligibility with AGN's Customer Service Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 3). Transportable or demountable homes are classified as 'new build properties' and do not qualify for this offer.
2. Offer is specifically for existing homes with a 'new gas connection', where the connection is complete and the gas meter has been installed for 6 months or less. This definition applies only to first-time connections. Properties re-connecting to natural gas (e.g. due to renovation works, where a gas service has been fully or partly removed, or where a meter is being turned 'back on') are classed as 'existing gas connections', unless the property has been disconnected for a considerable length of time and prior approval has been sought from AGN.
3. Extending an existing gas line (or adding a new gas line to an existing gas service) also does not qualify for the connection bonus.
4. The gas meter (and at least 1 x natural gas appliance) must be fully installed and commissioned in order to qualify for the connection bonus.
5. The connection bonus is available only while the property is classified as a 'new gas connection'. Furthermore, the bonus will only be approved for new connections completed or commenced in the current promotion period (1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022). If the connection is completed between 1 January 2022 and 31 October 2022, a rebate claim (or cashback claim; see below information on how to claim) must be lodged by 31 December 2022 to qualify for payment. If the connection is completed between 1 November 2022 and 31 December 2022, a rebate or cashback claim must be lodged by 28 February 2023 to qualify for payment. This bonus cannot be paid to connections completed outside the current promotion period. A connection is considered complete by the date that the gas meter is installed. If confirmation is required to determine the gas meter installation date for a specific address, please contact AGN's Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).
6. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance (or equivalent, terminology varies across states) and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of at least one natural gas appliance (more details in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which includes verifying that the gas connection is complete.
7. A small business may qualify for a new connection bonus, subject to other Terms and Conditions being met, and provided financial assistance has not been received from AGN’s commercial division.
How to claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance (also called 'Gas Compliance Certificate').
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).