Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. Offer applies to existing home installations, only (new builds excluded), and property must be covered by the natural gas network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to double-check eligibility in Victoria and New South Wales. AGN owns the whole natural gas network in South Australia and Northern Territory, so no postcode review is required.
2. Offer is specifically for eligible natural gas heating appliances installed as part of a pre-existing gas connection ('existing gas connection') where the connection is complete and the gas meter has been installed for 6 months or longer. A property re-connecting to natural gas is still classed as an existing gas connection. A separate heating offer is available for customers who are connecting their homes to natural gas for the very first time, and for new build customers in SA only. For details on these promotions, contact AGN’s Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).
3. A $500 heating rebate is available during the 2023 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign Period, for eligible heating installations between 1 January 2023 and 31 December 2023 (offer extended). No rebate will be paid to heating installations prior to 2023, unless the installation meets the Grace Period T&C of the 2022 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign. Contact AGN's Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7) to verify.
4. Generally, a rebate is only payable if the heating appliance is a new installation, not a replacement of a previous natural gas heating appliance of the same general type. However, an exemption will be offered in 2023 under which replacement natural gas flued room heaters and replacement natural gas whole of home heating systems may be offered a heating rebate of $250 (this is the first year AGN is offering rebates for replacement heating). If the heater being replaced is defunct and has not worked for a minimum of the last calendar year (excluding non-usage due to renovations or property vacancy) and it is the sole natural gas heater in the property, the full $500 rebate rate may apply. In these circumstances, contact AGN’s Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7) for pre-approval.
5. Installation of additional heating appliances will qualify for a $250 heating rebate.
6. Eligible portable/unflued heating appliances will qualify only for a $100 heating rebate.
7. During the 2023 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign, the following applies:
- If there is already a natural gas flued heater installed/in use at the property and a new (not replacement) natural gas flued room heater type is added during the Winter Heating Promotion, the maximum rebate available is $250.
- If there is already a natural gas whole of home system (e.g. ducted heating) in use and a new (not replacement) natural gas flued room heater type is added during the 2023 Campaign Period, the maximum rebate available is also $250.
- If a new natural gas whole of home system (e.g. ducted heating) is added, or if a home upgrades to a whole of home system during the 2023 Campaign Period by replacing flued room heating, the rebate payable is $500 (provided the previous heater has not received a rebate from AGN prior).
- If portable/unflued heating is replaced and upgraded with either a flued or whole of home heating system during the 2023 Campaign Period, the rebate payable is $500. In such cases, AGN reserves the right to request proof that the previous heater was an unflued or portable model. If there is already other natural gas heating in the home, the maximum rebate payable is $250.
8. Upgrading from flued room natural gas heating to a whole of home natural gas heating system qualifies for a heating rebate.
9. Downgrading from a natural gas whole of home heating system to a flued or portable/unflued natural gas room heater will not qualify for a heating rebate. Similarly, downgrading from a flued natural gas room heater to a portable/unflued heater will not qualify for a heating rebate.
10. If a natural gas hydronic heating system is installed and provides both home heating and hot water (i.e. dual purpose), only a single rebate is payable.
11. To qualify for this rebate: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the 2023 Campaign Period, and installed by the end of the Grace Period (which is two months following the end date of the promotion). A rebate claim (or cashback claim; see below for information on how to claim) must also be lodged by the end of the Grace Period in order to qualify. The installation date will determine the maximum rebate rate available to the installation (however, further Terms and Conditions as listed still apply).
12. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance (or equivalent, terminology varies across states) and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of the relevant natural gas appliance/s (more details in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which includes verifying that the gas connection is complete and checking gas consumption.
13. A small business may qualify for this offer, provided financial assistance has not been received from AGN's commercial division.
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance (also called 'Gas Compliance Certificate').
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).