Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. Offer only applies to existing homes (established builds) that are connected to the natural gas distribution network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). New builds are excluded from this offer. Use this postcode list to check eligibility. There are some postcodes that AGN only partially owns, so address eligibility in these areas should be confirmed with AGN's Customer Service Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 3).
2. The hot water appliance must be fuelled only by natural gas to qualify for the $500 hot water rebate rate. Gas-boosted solar hot water systems qualify only for a $100 rebate.
3. Rebate is only payable for new appliance installations (or for conversions of LPG appliances to natural gas), not for replacements of a previous natural gas appliance of the same general type. This means replacing a natural gas storage hot water system with a natural gas instantaneous hot water system (or vice versa) is still classified as a replacement and no rebate is payable.
4. Limit 1 x $500 hot water rebate payable per metered property, for the first natural gas system installed on site. Additional natural gas hot water units will qualify for a $100 rebate instead.
5. To qualify for this rebate: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the relevant promotion period (13 December 2020), and installed by the end of the Grace Period (i.e. 13 February 2021, which is two months following the end date of the promotion). A cashback claim (see below information on how to claim) must also be lodged by the end of the Grace Period in order to qualify.
6. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance (or equivalent, terminology varies states) and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of the relevant natural gas appliance/s (more details in the 'How to claim' section below). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which may include verifying that the gas connection is complete and checking gas consumption.
7. A small business may qualify for this offer, provided financial assistance has not been received from AGN's commercial division.
How to claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.*
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance (also called 'Gas Compliance Certificate').
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).
*Please note: all rebates are paid via cashback (Option 2) for AGN's Queensland customers.