Benefits to your business
Increase your Green Star rating
As the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels, using natural gas could help your business increase its green star rating and improve your carbon footprint.
Save on fuel and running costs
Unlike other fuels, natural gas has consistently low running costs and doesn’t experience sharp price fluctuations - so you can have greater control over the cost to your business.
Reliable and convenient
Unplanned supply interruptions are rare and, unlike gas stored on-site, natural gas is always there when you need it so there’s no need to worry about running out of fuel.
Cogeneration and trigeneration
- By utilising the heat by-product of electricity generation, cogeneration and trigeneration power plants can be designed to meet the thermal and electrical base loads of a facility. This advanced technology decreases energy costs and increases efficiency. Less fuel is used to generate the same amount of energy, resulting in lower carbon emissions.
- Lower CO² and greenhouse gas emissions
- Single fuel source to supply both power and thermal site energy
- Reduced energy costs
- Possible increased NABERS rating, and Green Star rating
Gas-powered air conditioning
These reverse cycle air conditioning systems use a gas engine to drive the compressor rather than an electric motor. The condensers are a Gas Heat Pump, often simply referred to as a GHP.
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50%.
- Reduce your energy costs by up to 50% depending on the cost structures in your state.
- Reduce your site’s electrical demand, therefore reducing electrical infrastructure and running costs.
- Reduce possible electrical upgrade costs.
- Potential increased NABERS and Green Star ratings.
- Gas powered air conditioning is a proven, reliable technology, with over 200,000 units installed in Japan and increasing take-up in Australia.
Boilers are normally designed for specific applications and are used in any facility where steam, hot water or heat is required. Examples of customers include accommodation and hospitality venues, laundromats, recreational and sporting facilities, factories and agricultural operations, schools and hospitals, car washes, nursing homes and more. Benefits include:
- Low running costs.
- Natural gas is a dependable fuel for producing steam and hot water.
- Designed for unattended operation, saving costs.
- Clean and very low maintenance.
- Available for any application.
Radiant and infra-red heaters are self-contained units that emit warming rays to heat the surfaces that they touch rather than the surrounding air - similar to the type of heat emitted by the sun. Radiant and infra-red heat is extremely efficient. Radiant heat is unaffected by air temperature and air movement and reflectors focus the heat to target precise locations. Therefore only the amount of heat required needs to be produced. Benefits include:
- Efficient, inexpensive and easy to install.
- Avoids heat and energy wastage. Unlike ambient heating, radiant heat does not collect in ceiling cavities or escape through doors and windows.
- Almost instantaneous heat achieves occupant comfort levels very rapidly.
- As there are no moving parts units are silent and do not create draughts or dust movement.
Decorative indoor heating
A natural gas `log' fireplace is a convenient way to create ambience and draw customers to your restaurant or hotel. Benefits include:
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere.
- Provides a clean-burning fire with no messy ashes.
- Enjoy a real fire without the inconvenience of buying, cutting or hauling wood.
- Optimum comfort for your customers with instant control over the flame and temperature.
- Can deliver low running costs compared to wood or LPG
Natural gas outdoor heaters can be an inexpensive way to enhance the comfort and ambience of your dining space all year round. Benefits include:
- Comfortable outdoor dining, even in winter.
- Maximise profits by making the most of your floor space all year round.
- Take advantage of modern diners' appreciation for deck, patio and beer garden venues.
Natural gas ovens, ranges, fryers and steamers are must-have pieces of equipment in many commercial and retail kitchens, with good reason. The precise heat control and instant heat make them well suited for the demands of busy restaurants and cafeterias. Benefits include:
- Most cooking equipment can be powered by natural gas.
- Ideal for all areas of the food service industry - from restaurants, cafes and catering businesses to accommodation venues and hospitals.
- Natural gas is the preferred choice for chefs.
- Natural gas can be an economical fuel for large scale food preparation.
For further information on how natural gas can help you and your business, call 1300 001 001 (contact hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm AEST), or get in touch with one of our I&C Representatives.