1800 898 220
Coronavirus Update: We are actively monitoring the status of the Coronavirus situation and the potential impacts to our customers and our business. Our focus is to maintain the reliability of energy supply for the community and ensure our critical operations remain fully operational. Our priority is the health and well-being of our employees, contractors, service providers and customers during these challenging times. For more information on Covid-19, visit: https://www.australiangasnetworks.com.au/covid-19Expand Message
For more information on Covid-19, visit: https://www.australiangasnetworks.com.au/covid-19
Please note there is no impact to our Faults and Emergency Services. For any gas leaks or emergencies please call 1800 GASLEAK (1800 427 532)
However we are experiencing some delays for customers contacting our call centre, however we are doing everything possible to accommodate this. You can alternatively email us at email@example.com.
Australian Gas Networks reports no current supply outages in South Australia.
To report an outage, or if you're unexpectedly without gas supply and want more information, please contact our Gas Supply Faults hotline on 1800 898 220. Read more about gas outages, leaks, and emergencies.Dismiss
Australian Gas Networks and the Australian gas sector has a clear vision for a low carbon future using renewable gases such as hydrogen and biomethane. We know we need to deliver on this vision to help Australia meet national and state-based emissions reductions targets, whilst also maintaining reliability of energy supply and lowest cost to our customers.
Hydrogen Park South Australia and Hydrogen Park Gladstone will demonstrate how we can use the existing gas network to deliver blended renewable gas to customers - the Australian Hydrogen Centre (AHC) is the next step in our journey, delivering feasibility studies on blending 10% renewable hydrogen into towns and cities, and plans for a 100% renewable gas future.
Established in late 2019, the $4.15 million Australian Hydrogen Centre (AHC) is backed by a $1.28 million Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) grant with a two year work program to help accelerate the renewable gas industry by:
• Completing comprehensive studies to decarbonise gas consumption in Victoria and South Australia
• Developing project plans to inject 10% renewable hydrogen into selected regional towns
• Sharing the learnings from Hydrogen Park South Australia to apply to other renewable gas projects
• Expanding the market for renewable electricity generation
• Establishing a platform for other states to decarbonise their gas consumption by leveraging on the Victorian and South Australian feasibility studies
• Establishing a large domestic market for renewable hydrogen
Importantly, it will also raise community awareness on the use of renewable gas and how this technology may be deployed in the future.
The AHC has received funding support from ARENA and founding members South Australia’s Department for Energy and Mining, Victoria’s Department of environment, Land, Water and Planning, gas and energy infrastructure businesses, AGN and AusNet Services, and leading renewable energy companies, ENGIE and Neoen.
• Q4 2019: Project start date
• Q1 2020: Official announcement of the Australian Hydrogen Centre by the Federal Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction the Hon Angus Taylor MP
• Q1 2020: Selection of Regional Towns report
•Q4 2020: 10% hydrogen blending in Regional Town draft feasibility report
• Q2 2021: 10% hydrogen blending in Regional Town final feasibility report and 10% state blending draft feasibility reports
• Q1 2022: Final state feasibility reports (10% blending and 100% hydrogen networks), Hydrogen Park South Australia knowledge sharing report