Please note: the information on this page relates to AGN's 2020 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign. This campaign has now closed. Only claims meeting the Terms and Conditions of AGN's 2021 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign will be accepted. For more information about the current offers, go here or call AGN's Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).
$100 rebates for other natural gas appliances
In addition to claiming $500 appliance rebates for installing natural gas hot water and major natural gas heating as part of your new natural gas connection, you can also claim $100 rebates for connecting basically any other natural gas appliances, such as:
- Supplementary hot water systems or heating
- Outdoor heating appliances (e.g. fire pit, fire table)
- Cooktop, oven, or combination cooker
- Pool/spa heaters
There is no limit to how many $100 rebates a connecting household may claim, however, the appliance must be fully connected.
Other Terms and Conditions apply (read below), existing home new connection customers only.
Key Terms and Conditions
- Promotion period: 1 January 2020 to 13 December 2020 (if the appliance is installed at a new connection property).
- Offer applies only to natural gas appliances installed in existing build properties connected to the gas distribution network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to check if your property is eligible.
- Rebate is only payable for new installations, not a replacement of a previous natural gas appliance of the same general type.
- There is no limit to how many $100 rebates a connecting household may claim, however, the appliance must be fully connected to qualify for rebate payment (e.g. no rebate is payable for a bayonet connection).
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Option 2. Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN direct, once appliance installation is complete. To make a claim direct, just use our cashback website - found here. To submit a cashback claim, you’ll need to provide a copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance, as well as any invoices/receipts relating to appliance purchase and installation. Once your claim is approved, you’ll receive your rebate as a cashback direct to your nominated bank account.
Questions? Contact our Natural Gas Marketing Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).