$500 rebate for natural gas heating
Heat your home to the perfect temperature this winter and get ready for toe-curling warmth, all by installing natural gas heating in your home. Get ready to be cosy!
- Install a flued natural gas room heater (e.g. a decorative gas log fire, wall furnace, space heater) and claim a $500 flued heating rebate.
- Install a whole of home natural gas heating system (e.g. natural gas ducted heating system, natural gas hydronic heating) and claim a $500 central heating rebate.
Other Terms and Conditions apply (read below), existing home customers only.
Key Terms and Conditions
- Promotion period: 1 April 2020 to 31 July 2020 (applies to existing home customers with gas already connected - if you have just connected to natural gas for the first time, read about the heating offer for you).
- Appliance must be installed within the promotion period to comply for this offer.
- Offer only applies to eligible heating appliances installed in existing build properties connected to the gas distribution network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to check if your property is eligible.
- Rebate is only payable if the heating appliance is a new installation, not a replacement of a previous natural gas heating system of the same general type.
- Upgrading from a single flued room natural gas heater to a whole of home natural gas heating system qualifies for a $500 central heating rebate. No rebate can be claimed if multiple natural gas room heaters are replaced with a natural gas whole of home heating system.
- Downgrading from a natural gas whole of home heating system to a flued natural gas room heater will not qualify for a $500 heating rebate.
- In cases where there is already a natural gas heating appliance installed/in use and a new (not replacement) natural gas heating appliance is added, only a $100 additional heating rebate will apply.
- Limit 1 x $500 flued heating rebate and 1 x $500 central heating rebate per metered property. Additional units of either will qualify for a $100 appliance rebate.
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Option 2. Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN direct, once appliance installation is complete. To make a claim direct, just use our cashback website - found here. To submit a cashback claim, you’ll need to provide a copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance, as well as any invoices/receipts relating to appliance purchase and installation. Once your claim is approved, you’ll receive your rebate as a cashback direct to your nominated bank account.
Questions? Contact our Natural Gas Marketing Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7).