Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. Offer applies to existing home installations, only (new builds excluded), and property must be covered by the natural gas network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to double-check eligibility in Victoria and New South Wales. AGN owns the natural gas network in South Australia and Northern Territory, so no postcode review is required. Transportable or demountable homes are classified as 'new build properties' and do not qualify for this offer.
2. Offer is specifically for eligible natural gas heating appliances installed as part of a 'new gas connection', where the connection is complete and the gas meter has been installed for 6 months or less. This definition applies only to first-time connections. Properties re-connecting to natural gas are classed as 'existing gas connections', unless the property has been disconnected for a considerable length of time and prior approval has been sought from AGN.
3. The $500 rebate is only payable if the heating appliance is a new installation, not a replacement of a previous natural gas heating system (or a downgrade). Applies only to natural gas flued room heating or natural gas whole of home heating. Additional or replacement units these appliance types qualify for a $250 rebate.
4. Limit 1 x $500 flued heating rebate and 1 x $500 central heating rebate per metered property. Additional units of either will qualify for a $250 appliance rebate.
5. If a natural gas hydronic heating system is installed and provides both home heating and hot water (i.e. dual purpose), only 1 x $500 rebate is payable.
6. To qualify for this rebate: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the 2023 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign Period (1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023; offer extended). Eligible purchases will then have a Grace Period until 29 February 2024 to complete installation and lodge a claim for payment. No rebate will be paid to appliance installations outside of the current promotion period, unless the installation meets the Grace Period T&C of the 2022 Natural Gas Rebate Campaign.
7. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance (or equivalent, terminology varies across states) and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of the relevant natural gas appliance/s (more detail below in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which includes verifying that the gas connection is complete.
8. A small business may qualify for this offer, provided financial assistance has not been received from AGN's commercial division.
How to claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance (also called 'Gas Compliance Certificate').
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).