Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. This offer applies specifically to new build homes that connect to the gas distribution network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN) in South Australia, only. Properties where an extension has been added are not classed as 'new builds'. Transportable or demountable homes are classified as 'new build properties'.
2. Rebate is only payable if the heating appliance is a new installation, not a replacement of a previous natural gas heating system.
3. Limit 1 x $500 flued heating rebate and 1 x $500 central heating rebate per metered property (limits apply across AGN's previous campaigns). Additional units of either will qualify for a $100 appliance rebate.
4. Only select natural gas appliances qualify for rebate payment, when installed in new builds in SA. There is no rebate payable to natural gas hot water or indoor cooking appliances when installed in a new build. New builds are also ineligible to claim AGN's connection bonus, as this bonus is only available to existing homes (established builds) that connect to natural gas for the first time. Customers should contact AGN's Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7) to confirm rebate eligibility.
5. To qualify for this rebate: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the relevant promotion period (31 December 2021). If the appliance is installed between 1 January 2021 and 31 October 2021, a rebate claim (or cashback claim; see below information on how to claim) must be lodged by 31 December 2021 to qualify for payment. If the appliance is installed between 1 November 2021 and 31 December 2021, a rebate or cashback claim must be lodged by 28 February 2022 to qualify for payment.
6. If a natural gas hydronic heating system is installed and provides both home heating and hot water (i.e. dual purpose), only 1 x $500 rebate is payable.
7. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of the relevant natural gas appliance/s (more details in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which includes verifying that the gas connection is complete.
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance.
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).