Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. This offer applies specifically to new build homes that connect to the gas distribution network owned by Australian Gas Networks in Queensland (AGN), only. In Queensland, AGN's natural gas network is north of the Brisbane River (use this postcode list to check eligibility). Properties where an extension has been added are not classed as 'new builds'. Transportable or demountable homes are classified as 'new build properties'.
2. Cashback is only payable if the heating appliance is a new installation, not a replacement of a previous natural gas heating system.
3. Limit 1 x $500 flued heating cashback and 1 x $500 central heating cashback per metered property. Additional units of either will qualify for a $100 cashback.
4. Only select natural gas appliances qualify for cashback payment, when installed in new builds. There is no cashback payable to natural gas hot water or indoor cooking appliances installed in a new build. New builds are also ineligible to claim AGN's connection bonus, as this bonus is only available to existing homes (established homes) that connect to natural gas for the first time. Customers should contact AGN's Promotions Team on 1300 001 001 (Option 7) to confirm cashback eligibility.
5. If a natural gas hydronic heating system is installed and provides both home heating and hot water (i.e. dual purpose), only 1 x $500 cashback is payable.
6. To qualify for this cashback: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the relevant promotion period (31 December 2021). If the appliance is installed between 1 January 2021 and 31 October 2021, a cashback claim (see below information on how to claim) must be lodged by 31 December 2021 to qualify for payment. If the appliance is installed between 1 November 2021 and 31 December 2021, a cashback claim must be lodged by 28 February 2022 to qualify for payment.
7. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas System Compliance Certificate and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of at least one natural gas appliance (more details in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which includes verifying that the gas connection is complete.
How to Claim
It's easy to claim. Once the appliance installation is complete, use our cashback website to lodge a claim directly with us (AGN). To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas System Compliance Certificate.
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).